College Financial Aid Informational Night
Guidance offices are located in each unit. The guidance counselors encourage students to make use of its services. These may include personal counseling, career planning, academic concerns and post-high school planning.
Counselors are available during regular school hours and usually after school by appointment. To see your counselor, make an appointment personally. Many times you will be able to drop in between classes or during your lunch period or study hall. From time to time, you will be called to the guidance office to see if your counselor may be of assistance to you. Each counselor meets with his or her students each year. These sessions are either group or individual contacts. The Guidance Department attempts to create an open door atmosphere for both students and faculty.
The Guidance Department offers the following resources:
- Scheduling & Extracurricular Activities
- Naviance & College/Career Planning
- Standardized Testing
- Health & Wellness
- College Credit Plus
Follow the Guidance Department on Twitter: @ElksGuidance
Counseling and Support for Students
The mental health and overall wellness of our students continues to be a priority. If you, your student, or a peer is experiencing more extensive or crisis-related concerns (such as severe depression, self-harm, harm to others, or suicidal ideation), please contact one of the following resources:
- Crisis Care: 937-224-4646
- Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Drug and Poison Control: 1-800-222-1222
- 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Dayton Children's Crisis Center for students 17 or younger: 937-641-3000
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-midnight
- Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m.-midnight
- Visit the ER during other times
- Miami Valley Hospital ER if 18 or older: 937-438-2400
- Kettering Medical Center ER if 18 or order: 937-298-4331
For mental health/counseling questions, please email a counselor (see contact information below).
For classroom questions, please email the classroom teacher, and for general questions, please email a principal (see staff directory here).
College Planning Night
Each year, the CHS Guidance Team hosts a College Planning Night for families of students who will soon embark upon the college application process