Looking for ways to engage your child in learning over the summer?
Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
The Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment is responsible for the development, implementation, assessment and ongoing revision of all courses of study within Centerville City Schools. Additionally, the department is charged with the continuous improvement of classroom instruction as well as the administration and interpretation of the statewide testing requirements.
These services and programs are coordinated by the department:
- Literacy Support
- Gifted Services
- English Language Learners
- Library and Media Services
- District's Fine Arts Programs
- School Counselors
- State Testing
- Federal Grants Administration
Click here to access helpful links, including Google Classroom and other learning resources, while schools are closed due to the coronavirus.
Remote Learning Checklist for Families
- Make sure your child has a device and Internet access. If you still need these items, please contact your child’s principal.
- Help your child find a place in the house to work.
- Concentrate on the curriculum and lessons provided by your child’s teacher(s). Check in with your child to see how they are doing, and ask the teacher questions if needed.
- Feel free to use other online resources to complement lessons from school, but don’t overwhelm yourself or your child!
- A full-day classroom schedule is unrealistic at home – give your family flexibility with plenty of physical movement, mental breaks, and time away from the screen.
- Remember, children also learn through play and other experiences around the house.
Kindergarten registration, screening affected by school building closure due to coronavirus
Administrators, teachers working to expand AP course offerings in effort to match students' interests in high-level content