District & School Communication to Parents/Guardians
Centerville City Schools uses ParentSquare to share district and school communications through email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using the email address and phone number associated with their child's school record.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they receive messages.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare
Receive messages from the district and your child's school via email, text or app notification
Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once with a daily digest at 6 p.m.
Communicate in your preferred language
Comment on school postings to engage with your school community
Direct message teachers and staff
Participate in group messages with your child's school extracurricular activities
Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
Sign forms and permission slips, sign up to volunteer and more all from your desktop or mobile device
- How do I sign up for ParentSquare?
- How do I update my contact information?
- My email is correct in ParentSquare. Why am I not receiving messages?
- How do I change my password?
- I'm getting too many messages from ParentSquare. How can I receive fewer notifications?
- English is not my first language. How can I receive messages in my native language?
- Is it possible to contact my child's teacher directly and privately?
- My child is not showing up on my account. What do I do?
- Can you unlink my account from my spouse's?
- Can my middle or high school student receive messages?
- How do I unsubscribe or opt out of messages?
- Who should I contact for more help?