Information about Chromebooks
In the spring of 2020, Centerville Schools and the Board of Education approved a plan to deploy a district-owned Chromebook to each of our students in grades K-12. Chromebooks have proven to be a reliable and cost effective device for students to access electronic resources necessary for learning. We currently have over 8,000 devices used each day by our students.
All newly enrolled students will be assigned a district owned Chromebook. Assigned devices are intended to last several years. It is important for the parent, student and teacher to understand the need to keep their assigned device in good working order.
- What type of device will my student be assigned?
- Will my student be able to take the device home with them?
- Is the device filtered for inappropriate content?
- How often will the device be upgraded?
- What happens if the device isn't working properly?
- What happens if the device is damaged?
- What happens if I lose my charger?
- What happens if I lose my district assigned Chromebook?
- What happens if my device is stolen?
- What happens if I withdraw or graduate from Centerville Schools?