Empower, challenge, and support every learner to grow every day.
Centerville City Schools creates a collaborative learning environment that responds to the needs of each learner, fosters growth, and prepares individuals to be responsible community-minded members of society.
About the Strategic Plan Process
Over the past two years, we have embarked on a strategic planning process to help guide our priorities moving forward. This collaborative process included input from a variety of stakeholders, including district and building administrators, the Board of Education, students, staff, parents and community leaders through focus groups, surveys and a dedicated design team.
The design team engaged in several sessions to dialog about effective and research-based educational trends and to create a shared understanding of future goals for our district. This included building on past work in the district, such as our Leading the Rebound strategies, the District Diversity Plan, our partnership with the Institute of Applied Creativity for Transformation at the University of Dayton, and the Master Facilities Plan, among others. The design team identified a vision, core principles and focus areas to help us meet our mission of empowering, challenging and supporting every learner to grow every day.
This summer, we will be aligning our practices and processes across the district as we begin working on our 2022-23 action plan. We plan to provide updates to the community and the Board of Education during meetings and on this website.
We are excited to share our future-focused strategic plan with the community, and we are grateful for your partnership and commitment to providing excellent educational opportunities for children in Centerville-Washington Township.
"Our mission is the common bond that brings our entire organization together."
The City of Centerville will utilize about six acres of land next to Centerville High School. In return, the city will construct a road connecting CHS with Clyo Road.
Mark Wiseman from Levin Porter Architects shared a summary of the district-wide building assessment and master facility plan during the Centerville Board of Education's work session on Oct. 18.
Design Team Members
Centerville City Schools is grateful for the support and dedication of our district leadership team, the Board of Education, staff, parents and community leaders who participated in the strategic planning process.
- Janelle Bailey, Preschool Teacher
- Ken Barrett, Secondary Gifted Coach for Mathematics and Science
- Brandon Barrometti, Band Director
- Brian Bucher, High School Teacher
- Erin Bucher, Driscoll Elementary Principal
- Robyn Bueltel, Parent
- John Carroll, Centerville High School Coordinating Principal
- Adam Ciarlariello, Director of Secondary Curriculum and Instruction
- Mindy Cline, Primary Village North Principal
- Tracy Collins, Parent
- Cherie Colopy, Director of Elementary Curriculum and Instruction
- Michelle Crabtree, Elementary Teacher
- Kim Crasto, Middle School Teacher
- Wayne Davis, City Manager, City of Centerville
- Tammy Drerup, Director of Student Services
- Allison Durnbaugh, Board Member
- Kelly George, Elementary Teacher
- Rajeev Goel, Parent
- Ann Gutmann, Elementary Teacher
- Tom Henderson, Superintendent
- Furaha Henry-Jones, Parent
- Nikki Hoff, Elementary Teacher
- Sherry Kim, Middle School Teacher
- Pat Kinzig, Middle School Teacher
- Jesse Lightle, Washington Township Administrator
- Lori Lonsert, High School Teacher
- Angela McDermitt, School Psychologist
- Mark Metzger, Washington Township RecPlex Director
- Becki Moore, Elementary Teacher
- Shannon Morgan, Director of Technology
- Arleen Petty, School Counselor
- Jen Riegel, High School Teacher
- Maria Rigling, Parent
- Laura Sauber, Treasurer
- Matt Somerlot, High School Teacher
- Megan Sparks, Board Member
- Sarah Swan, Community Relations Specialist
- Dan Tarpey, Director of Human Resources
- Cedric Tolbert, Elementary Teacher
- Lisa Voss, Primary Teacher
- Jon Wesney, Director of Business Operations
- Stacey Westendorf, Magsig Middle School Principal
- Amy Wilkinson, Primary Teacher