Welcome to Centerville City Schools!
We are regarded as one of the premier school districts in Southwest Ohio. Centerville City Schools are proud to deliver high quality and high impact instruction to about 8,000 students. A consistent, award-winning district, Centerville City Schools boast a challenging 21st Century curriculum for all students.
The Department of Human Resources provides human capital services to over 1,000 employees, which includes more than 600 certificated and 450 classified workers. One of our primary goals is providing excellent customer service for our current and prospective staff, every day for every individual.
The Department of Human Resources endeavors to attract the highest quality of candidates to support the needs of our students: both instructional and emotional. We pride ourselves on "hiring the best of the best." We welcome you to consider us as an employment option.
The Centerville City School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources Responsibilities
Our specific responsibilities under the human capital umbrella include:
- Coordination of certificated staffing: recruitment, selection and on-boarding
- Advertising district vacancies (view online listings)
- Coordinating the New Teacher Academy, an orientation for new, certificated staff
- Continuous monitoring of enrollment/pupil-teacher ratios
- Procurement and training of substitute teachers
- Governance of the district's teacher evaluation program (OTES)
- Oversight of certificated licensure: guidance and support via the LPDC
- Coordination of the district/Resident Educator Mentor Programs
- Interpreting and implementing (support/guidance) state mandates affecting staff
- Management of day-to-day staff/personnel issues: conflict/resolution
- Monitoring sick leave, personal leave, all leaves of absence and FMLA
Contact us at 937-433-8841 or send us an email regarding your questions. We're here to help!
Expansion of Substitute Teacher Eligibility for 2021-22 School Year
Ohio Senate Bill 1 gives school districts flexibility to hire substitute teachers who do not hold a post-secondary degree during the 2021-22 school year. The Centerville Board of Education approved the expansion of district substitute teacher eligibility to include:
- Successful completion of a required district training session with the Director of Human Resources
- Individuals 21 years of age enrolled in a college or university who are in good standing with that institution
- Individuals 21 years of age with a high school diploma and two professional references
- Individuals who are currently and successfully completing their student teaching practicum with Centerville Schools (these individuals will be exempt from the training requirement above)
- Individuals who previously and successfully completed their student teaching practicum with Centerville Schools (these individuals will be exempt from the training requirement above)
- Individuals who are currently employed or volunteering in the district who the Director of Human Resources deems qualified (these individuals will be exempt from the training requirement above)
Click here for directions on how to complete the Ohio Department of Education's Temporary Substitute License Application. This application is required in order to become a substitute teacher under the provisions of Ohio Senate Bill 1. Interested applicants should also send an email to email@example.com. oh.us and firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Information on How to Become a Substitute in Centerville Schools
Centerville Schools is in need of substitute teachers, aides, paraprofessionals and secretaries. Click on the links below for additional information.
The district is also in need of substitute bus drivers and aides, kitchen workers, and custodians. Please see the Business Operations page for more information about these substitute positions.