After reviewing enrollment, staffing and funding projections, the district has announced a reduction of 31.5 teaching and administrator positions
Welcome to Centerville City Schools!
We are regarded as one of the premier school districts in Southwest Ohio. Centerville City Schools are proud to deliver high quality and high impact instruction to about 8,400 students. A consistent, award-winning district, Centerville City Schools boast a challenging "21st Century" curriculum for all students.
The Department of Human Resources provides human capital services to over 1,000 employees, which includes approximately 575 certificated and 450 classified workers. One of our primary goals is providing excellent customer service for our current and prospective staff, every day for every individual.
The Department of Human Resources endeavors to attract the highest quality of candidates to support the needs of our students: both instructional and emotional. We pride ourselves on “hiring the best of the best.” We welcome you to consider us as an employment option.
Our specific responsibilities under the human capital umbrella include:
- Coordination of certificated staffing: recruitment, selection and on-boarding
- Advertising district vacancies: https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/
- Coordinating the "New Teacher Academy," an orientation for new, certificated staff
- Continuous monitoring of enrollment/pupil-teacher ratios
- Procurement and training of substitute teachers
- Governance of the district’s teacher evaluation program (OTES)
- Oversight of certificated licensure: guidance and support via the LPDC
- Coordination of the district/Resident Educator Mentor Programs
- Interpreting and implementing (support/guidance) state mandates affecting staff
- Management of day-to-day staff/personnel issues: conflict/resolution
- Monitoring sick leave, personal leave, all leaves of absence and FMLA
Contact us at (937) 433-8841 or email@example.com regarding your questions. We’re here to help!
The Centerville City School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Katie Thornton will be Elementary Special Education Coordinator beginning Aug. 1
Throughout the year, we'll be introducing some of the great teachers, administrators, staff members, students and volunteers in our district. Today, let's get to know ... TODD PATRICK, Music Teacher at Primary Village South!