Community & Family Engagement
Increase community engagement and parental involvement.
The DEI team will host an annual community event to celebrate the diversity of families within the vibrant city of Centerville. Each year the DEI team will determine a theme that centers on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The DEI Team will encourage relationship building between immigrant families and local families.
The DEI team will conduct listening sessions throughout the community. These listening sessions will be in the form of Town Hall Meetings.
DEI Core Team Members
Task Force Members
- Marcus Bailey
- Ali Erikson
- Rene Hick
- Amy Hilliard
- Darrell Johnson
- Melissa McGuire
- Dawn Millhouse
- Rameka Nelson
- Arleen Petty
- Sarah Swan
- Stacey Westendorf
- Laura Xiong
- Family advocacy groups have collaborated with the DEI team to offer a better understanding of their children’s unique needs.
- A team of classroom teachers established the district’s essential practices for family engagement.
- Feedback is gathered through focus groups, listening sessions and surveys.
- The "Elks Express" mobile learning station launched in May 2022.
- A grant from ThinkTank funded an AmeriCorps VISTA to do outreach and support teachers in implementing best practices for partnering with economically disadvantaged families.